Just like any form of sports or games, champions became champions in their respective fields if not for the mistakes that they have made where they learned from it the hard way. Just like what the old adages go, there is no one born with the exact set of skills to become a champion athlete so as being a champion poker star.
The natural way we do with our reaction in the very common situations is not always the way to have an optimal play. To help you out in this, we talked with our friends from daftar poker and discussed some of the most common mistakes that rookies, newbies, or beginners commit every time they play with poker especially those who play the online version of it and how to prevent it from happening again.
- TOO IMPATIENT- You should always wait patiently in posting a blind until the button moves to make a bigger blind for you. Do not just post the blind as soon as you take your seat. This extra blind that you are looking at is a payment that seems to be smaller compared to the average pot in an online poker room, but if you are able to compound it in a long period of time playing poker, then, it will surely create a big scratch off your bankroll.
- FAMILIARIZE THE GAME- Sometimes we are very fascinated and confident in ourselves that we can pull off something that the pros can. It simply does not work that way. You should know something more about the game of poker and even go beyond the rules of it. Start off by reading a beginner’s poker book, in that way, you can learn the most basic strategies that will become your foundation. It will not just save you a lot of time committing mistakes but will also save you money by having the correct notion of coming up with a sound strategy instead of daydreaming.
- WAIT FOR THE PERFECT TIMING- Just like what is mentioned above, be always patient. You should control your tendency to dive into action and play a select group of strong hands in a pre-flop. It is very suboptimal to play if you have more than 30-percent of the hands during the game who is preflop. You should always seek a strong hand in every game.
- BE PRUDENT- Exert prudence every time you are managing your bankroll and you should only risk the amount of money that you believe you will lose in any given situation. Initially, start by playing low limits which are affordable for you. Try by playing a fixed limit before you dive into the no-limit to learn from the ropes. You should practice dipping a toe before you completely jump into the water.
- DO NOT BE SLOW- If you want to win, then please do not over slow play or over trap during the game. Slow playing strategy should be used with caution. If you want to use it with strong hands in a systematic way, then it will backfire to you because it will give your opponents to make a very cheap draw against you to give you the worst scenarios during the game It is better to start collecting from the small pot by betting big rather than losing a big pot with small bets.